Wednesday 28 May 2008

fuck the credit crunch


I don't think a map has ever inspired me to go on holiday before.

Amazing clubs, glorious weather and captivating culture all help of course. But it was when I set eyes - randomly while bored at work - on the image above that my summer holiday plans fell into place.

I've been to Thailand and Indonesia before, and have longed to return to this part of the world where you can satisfy almost any pleasure for absurdly low prices. A random Google search one day showed this was also a part of the world that could be explored easily by rail, and then it was just a case of getting the cash together and booking the leave.

There could not possibly be a better time to get out of the country. I'm sick and tired of the so called 'credit crunch', tossers complaining about petrol prices and the rise in food bills. Clearly if things carry on as they are, the price of Olives and Rocket will get so high we will see full scale riots in every Waitrose up and down the fucking country.

As you might guess, I really do need this holiday.

No comments: