Thursday 5 June 2008

paradise


I checked out of my 'paradise' hotel after just one night. There was no way on earth I was going to repeat the late night walk back to it again, which was more akin to something you normally see on the Discovery channel.

After catching a taxi boat to the main village, I sauntered over to the imposing looking Hotel Phi Phi to see if they had any rooms. After a bit of a queue, I landed a great room with a glorious view (see picture above), huge balcony, good facilities, close to all the bars and restaurants. And it was cheaper.

I then spent the afternoon just strolling around this absurdly beautiful island. It is a place of such immaculate gorgeousness I did very little other than just glare at the surroundings for much of the day. Certainly the hassle of damaging my phone last night quickly receded from memory. In a place like this, you could tell me I was the lovechild of Richard Littlejohn and I wouldn't care. Ok that might be pushing it a bit...

No comments: